Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Funny thing on the way to class today.

We woke up to wind and snow this morning, and by the time I went to class, the wind had stopped but these huge snowflakes were falling fast and hard. The route I take from where I park my car to where my class is has some very treacherous places where snow has melted and left little "ice ponds" on the side walk. I was congratulating myself for making it over these ice ponds without falling and came to a stand of about three large pine trees which form this large circle of protection underneath them from the weather. I was glad to see the tree, they always seem so friendly. I reached the center of the circle underneath the trees, where I suddenly stepped on one of those "ice ponds", apparently hidden by a light layer of slick snow that had managed to fall under the trees. Despite the fact that I was wearing winter boots with rubber soles, I fell on my keyster and bruised my ego. But I felt lucky that I hadn't destroyed my computer by landing on it and that no one had seen me. (Turns out that one guy saw me and he then stared at me for a full minute as we walked by each other...take a picture buddy, it will last longer!) On my way back to the car after class, I was now wiser, and I knew that I must not go on the same route under the trees as I did coming to class. As I was passing under the trees to the extreme right, I glanced towards the center to see if I could see the imprint of my body where I had fallen on my... way to class...apparently the ice pond is under the entire circle of the trees...I fell again. UGH!!!

5 comments:

  1. That's HILARIOUS!!! I don't mean to laugh at you but it just shows your jungle girl abilities! Sometimes I get sad that I'm not actually blood related but then I remember that at least I didn't get the jungle girl passed on down to me! I hope your bum feels better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Suzi, my dear sweet jungle girl sister. I am sorry, but I am laughing right now and unfortuantely I think I would have laughed if I would have been with you. Although, I am grateful that you didn't brake your computer or a bone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit I thought it was pretty funny too, but the guy really weirded me out. I am sure that I heard both of you guys laughing at me. Luanne, you are just like being blood related and I am sure that jungle girlness can rub off, so be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! I'm laughing at you right now and picturing myself down on the ground with you, which is what would have happened if I had been there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have loved the company!!! Pretty funny huh? I can see us sitting on the ground with the giggles.

    ReplyDelete