For the last few weeks these thoughts have been forming in my head, a list, of sorts, of things that I know about myself.
* I like bold colors. Not obnoxious bold colors, but bold colors that say, "here I am, this is the color I was made, I am glad to be this color and I think I am good at being this color." I should be like a bold color, even if the color is pastel.
* I like material. There I said it. I like the different textures, the patterns and the pleasing idea that a piece of flat material can become something dimensional. (Like making a hand towel look really really cute...there are still two more days to the end of the give-away! Thanks for all of the participation and great comments!) I like to think that I am like the material, learning how to fold and bend and turn into a more dimensional person.
*I also like paper in the same way that I like material. Feels good to get that off my chest! I like to make paper for books and cards, and seed paper. Paper is a must in my house.
* I like office supplies. Especially if they are crazy cute. There is nothing like finding a great pen that writes smooth and silky. Once I find a pen I like, I buy 2-3 because I know when they run out of ink I'll never be able to find them in stock again. Also, office supplies make me feel organized, and I like being organized.
*I like my toast/bread buttered to the very edge. Not ALMOST to the edge, and not only part of the edge. The.whole.entire.edge. Please don't leave any of the bread poking out naked.
*I like being in my garden and working in the yard. I love growing things. I love it. I love how it makes me feel like I have accomplished something great. Puttering around the garden and the yard provides me time to get in touch with myself.
*In that same light, I think tomatoes are beautiful. when I pick one out of my garden and it is deep red with its cute little green stem cap on, I hold it up so I can look at it and I think it is a perfect example of beauty.
*I like zucchini...in small amounts. It's just sooooo hard to get them to grow in small amounts!
* I like carrying my 1/2 bushel basket to my garden and bringing it back to the house full of fresh garden stuff to eat.
* I like tomato soup when it is made from beautiful home grown tomatoes. ummmmm yummy.
* I like when my husband looks at me and sees me like I am 20 years old. Granted he has to squint and pretend, but I still like it.
*I like looking at How-To books. They get me all excited to DO something creative and/or new. I like how my mind starts whirling with ideas about how to change one idea into something slightly different. Fun!
*I like taking pictures. I love it. When I look through the viewfinder of a camera, it is like stepping through a door into another world. I become completely lost in discovery. I can't even describe it.
*I like writing. I use to write in my journal every night. I have 27 journals that span my life from 1972 - 2007. But it is not just journals that I like to write. I like to make up stories and short essays. I like putting words together to paint pictures.
* I like being with my family. They are the people who I love the most, and the treasure of my soul.