Thursday, February 26, 2009

First experience with a foot Doctor

I had a bunch of nerves that got all bothered. I don't know what made them so bothered, or why they decided to take it out on me...after all, if I hurt, they hurt, we are connected, but that didn't seem to make any difference to them. So you could say, I was standing on my own last nerve. I couldn't walk without limping, I couldn't stand on my tip toes, when I walked it felt like I was walking on a bunched up sock. A bunched up sock with spikes in it! It was time to get serious with these bothered nerves, sit down and talk it out with them. We went to counseling aka: the foot doctor, and the counselor said, "They need a shot of cortisone, that will help them settle down." Since the nerves were proving impervious to all other options, I nodded my head in agreement. The doctor's assistant rushed out of the room to get the needle and cortisone.
"You will feel a bit of a pinch when the needle goes into your foot." I was jiggy with that, UNTIL the shot actually started and then it hurt like, HOLY SMOKES, YII CHEE AAOW AH!!!!!
The doctor warned me that my nerves were going to be really upset for a while but that eventually they would get over it and they should settle down and be happy foot ending nerves again. I hope so!
you can see the little mark where they stuck the needle into my foot....*weep*
I have to wear the little toe alignment splint for a month to keep my little piggy-that-stayed-home, pointing downward so the nerves will heal right, and also because that piggy was starting to lean toward my piggy-that-went-to-market. I guess, it was trying to house sit for the market-piggy while it was gone. Anyway, in piggy land, I learned, that is a big no-no.
And finally, I have caused my self to wonder...What is that whole piggy-went-to-the-market thing about? If you were a piggy, would you want to go to the market?

3 comments:

  1. Ouch! I was squirming for you and saying don't do it when you were talking about your shot. Have your nerves settled down any? I would want to go to the market, that's where all the candy is! You know, peanut M&M's, umm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your poor piggies and their foot! I'm sorry you are all hurting, but I hope this helps. Hey, I have been thinking about you lots this week too. Perhaps we should talk a bit? I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooowwwwwww! Those naughty piggies! Tell them to leave those poor nerve endings alone! Cool foot splint, though. You can keep it with your finger splint when you're all better. I was going to say I would stay home and have the roast beef, but I think I'm with Kay Marie now. I'd take M&M's over roast beef any day!

    ReplyDelete