Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What I Did on My First Monday of Summer Vacation

I crashed on my bike.
I was going DOWN Gwen Street.
For those of you who don't know
Gwen Street, think of Mt. EVEREST
only STEEPER.... I was going 45,000
miles PER HOUR!!! I should be dead.
Instead, I am just Maimed.
Grotesque, really.
Now, I can't wear a shoe on my
LEFT foot...I sprained by BIG-went-to-market toe.
Scratched the back of my LEFT leg, Scumed up my LEFT
knee, scraped my LEFT hip, and I am bearing a deep
purple BRUISE on the inside of my LEFT elbow.

My RIGHT side didn't escape either...
I lost Skinage on my PALM
under my little PINKY.
AND my pointing finger,
looks like a sausage...

I hope my WHOLE summer isn't like
these first two days!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh it sounds like you are at the beginning of a very bumpy vacation! I'm sorry to hear that all went so awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geesh, you lost skinage? Man, taht's way worse than my tumble down the stairs!

    Why were you going down Gwen? That's craziness. You should have gone down Fremont. It's much smoother and just as exhilerating.

    P.S. I like your redo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, you're scaring me a bit! Don't you know? You NEVER go down Gwen! It's suicide! Ah, well, at least you weren't on the Benedryl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm just glad you lived to tell about it. You are to old to be wrecking on your bike like that! And anyway, how could you wreck like that without me there to laugh at you! :) Seriously, I'm glad you weren't badly hurt. You be careful out there!

    ReplyDelete