Tuesday, May 12, 2009

How I Spent My First Day of Summer Vacation

I promised myself that on the first full day
of my summer vacation, I would spend the day
working in the yard.
I didn't want anything to spoil my day so
I decided to take some allergy medicine...
Benadryl by name... BEFORE I started working, so
my allergies wouldn't make me miserable.

Half way through mowing the yard I started to feel
weird. I went into the house and sat down...
When I woke back up it was 12:30 in the afternoon...
I forced my sluggish self back outside to finish mowing the lawn.

On Sunday, (two days later) Mike and I decided to walk to church.
We walked by our yard swing...Oh Wow!...I had no recollection of
doing it...


Apparently I just mowed around the swing...
let this be a lesson to all.
Never, never, never, use yard equiptment
while on pharmecuticals!
Benadryl by name.

3 comments:

  1. Good job, Mom. You know, I used to take Benadryl to put me to sleep....so I couldn't imagine using a lawn mower while on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahahahahahahahaha! That's really funny!

    I had to take Benadryl during a play once because I was allergic to the makeup and my eyes were all swollen and red and itchy. I tell you what, that was rough trying to stay awake on stage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, good ole benadryl! It makes you live life and not know that you are. Nice mow job, you can come and mow my yard! I'll make the lemonade, you can mow.

    ReplyDelete