Friday, February 6, 2009

Breakfast with Luanne

I was talking to Luanne the other day and I told her that I was sick of eating Golden Grahams. Although I love Golden Grahams, I had been eating them every day for a month, at least! She said that she was on a Honey Nut Cheerios kick, and that she gets in these moods where she will eat the same cereal for a long time and then finally switch to another kind. Mike and I finally made it to Walmart the other day and I told him I was not leaving the store without getting some new cold cereal. As I was moving slowly down the cereal aisle, I came to the Honey Nut Cheerios and thought of Luanne, so I bought some. This morning I had Honey Nut Cheerios (with banana pieces cut up in it) and while I was eating them I pretended that Luanne was sitting across the table from me and we were visiting. ( We had a really nice visit Luanne...thanks!) Ahhhh...it not only filled my stomach, it filled my heart.

Who can resist eating a cereal with such a happy mascot? Certainly not me.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Mom you are so sweet! I'm glad that I entertained you so well during breakfast. I love you so much and can't wait until April when we can really sit down together for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were tired of Golden Grahams? I can't imagine that! I do enjoy Honey Nut Cheerios, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I just bought some Honey Nut Cheerios today, too! Maybe I was channeling you guys!

    ReplyDelete